How To Live-Stream iOS, Android Games To Twitch, YouTube, Facebook With Mobcrush
Video game streaming has become prolific to the point where almost everyone heavily invested in the world of gaming seems to be an active or passive participant. Of course, not all kinds of games seem to be welcome in this brand of online entertainment. It finds its largest audience in fans of competitive multiplayer games for PC, followed by similar titles for major consoles, and while there is no shortage of games for mobile platforms, these are considered more suited for the casual gamer who can’t be bothered to view a live stream.
That might have begun to change, however, with mainstream titles the likes of Fortnite and PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds making their way to both iOS and Android. If you’re an aspiring streamer looking to expand your viewership to include the mobile demographic, you should be pleased to know that, as for most other things, there’s an app for that as well.
Called Mobcrush and available on both the iOS App Store as well as Android Play Store for free, this app lets you live-stream video games from your mobile device directly to Twitch, YouTube, Facebook Live, Twitter, Periscope, and the app’s very own live-streaming service. Alternatively, streamers may link the app up with an existing OBS or XSplit setup.
Mobcrush even features its own “Go Live Get Paid” program – currently available in select countries – which connects streamers to prospective sponsorship opportunities, with the company claiming that streamers can earn anywhere from $15 to $2,500 per hour through the program based on viewer count and engagement. It’s unlikely that the app’s offering is as lucrative as those afforded by the likes of streaming giants Twitch and YouTube Gaming, but it’s a start – one that might actually be more suitable for the budding streamer focusing on mobile games, given the platform’s relative convenience.
So how does Mobcrush work? All you need to do is download the app, link the app with your required streaming service accounts, and go live. You will, of course, need to have iOS 11 or later on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, and Android 5.0 or newer running on your Android device, as older firmware do not support live-streaming.
Live-streaming On iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
1. Launch Mobcrush, tap on the menu icon in the top-left corner of the screen, and select Broadcast. Swipe through the tutorial to select your desired streaming service and set a game and title for your stream.
2. Exit out of Mobcrush and launch the game you want to live-stream.
3. Drag the Control Center into view and 3D Touch (or hold down on) the Screen Recording icon.
Note: To learn how to add the Screen Recording option to your Control Center, read the following: How To Record Your iPhone’s Screen In iOS 11.
4. Select Mobcrush from the Screen Recording menu and tap the Start Broadcast option below to start live-streaming. You may enable or disable your Microphone Audio prior to beginning the stream using the toggle below the menu.
You may also want to enable Do Not Disturb to avoid having notifications pop up on screen during the broadcast.
Live-streaming On Android
1. Launch the Mobcrush app.
2. Tap the video icon in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
3. In the screen that follows, select your desired streaming service and settings, then tap Start Broadcast.
Did this guide help you? Show us some love by following us on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ for instant social media updates from our website! You can also find us on YouTube.