Download PUBG Mobile English Version On iPhone, iPad In Any Region
Battle royale games were more of a PC affair when they were starting out. After going mainstream, however, the genre expanded its reach to consoles, and now, it seems BR is going mobile, with Epic Games’ Fortnite coming to iOS and Bluehole’s PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds already available on both Android and Apple’s mobile OS, that too for free. In fact, the latter’s mobile variant comes in two flavors, namely PUBG: Exhilarating Battlefield, which follows the same formula as its PC and console counterpart, and PUBG: Army Attack, which offers faster paced action in the form of land, sea, and air battles. Unfortunately, the games have as yet only been rolled out in China, and with Tencent at the helm, it seems unclear when they will be available to the rest of the world, if ever.
Update: An English version of the game is now available in the Canadian App Store! Read along to learn how to download it in other regions.
Update x2: PUBG Mobile is now available worldwide! You can download it from your region’s App Store.
If you’re itching to experience PUBG’s brand of battle royale on your smartphone or tablet, there are ways to get around this region-locked availability. Depending on where you plan to play from, you may not get the best latency, but there’s no harm in giving it a go. In this post, we are going to walk you through how to download PUBG to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch in any region.
1. On your iOS device, launch the App Store.
2. In the Today tab, tap the circular profile icon in the top-right corner.
3. In the screen that follows, tap your account name, then provide whatever authentication is required (password, Touch ID, or Face ID).
4. On the “Account” page, select the Country/Region option followed by Change Country Region, then select Canada from the list of regions displayed.
5. You will now be asked to agree to the Canadian App Store’s terms and conditions, then provide details for a payment method. You may simply select None for the latter. You can Google valid Canadian addresses to enter into the billing address fields below. We simply used the address for a McDonald’s branch, for example. The phone number doesn’t have to be the same.
6. Tap Next when you’re done and you will be taken to the Canadian App Store.
7. Switch to the Search tab, enter “PUBG Mobile” into the field at the top, and download the game to your device.
Once the download starts, you can switch the App Store region back to your original selection, and with that out of the way, gear up and go get that Chicken Dinner!