Spellbreak: How to Check Latency / Ping and Change Servers
Three years after its pre-alpha outing, Spellbreak was finally released to the Epic Games Store earlier this month. The free battle royale title takes the genre’s prolific formula and adds a unique twist to it, namely, wizards and spell craft.
The game features a myriad of spells and abilities, some of which can be combined together for unique results. Most of these aren’t easy to land, though, as projectiles are much slower than the bullets we are used to shooting in other mainstream BR games. This makes server latency an even more pertinent factor. Good thing is, you can have the game display your current ping time and, if needed, switch servers to potentially reduce the delay. Here’s how to do just that.
How to Display Server Latency in Spellbreak
1. Click the menu icon (four horizontal lines) in the top-right corner of the game’s home screen.
2. Select Settings.
3. Switch to the Video tab, scroll down, and enable the Display Performance Stats option.
4. With the option enabled, the game will display your current ping and framerate within each match, below the mini-map.
Update: Added a video guide.
How to Change Servers
1. Once again, click the menu icon (four horizontal lines) in the top-right corner of the screen.
2. Select Account.
3. Click the Region Select drop-down menu and pick of region of choice or simply select Auto to let the game pick the best server for you.