Sekiro: Best Way To Farm Fulminated Mercury
If you’ve finally finished Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice or are near the end and are looking to either unlock those last few achievements or upgrade your Prosthetic Tools for the endgame, you’re likely to run out of Fulminated Mercury at some point. It is a rare resource required for some of the final Prosthetic Tool upgrades, and while you can find a few lying about the game’s world, you’re going to have to farm it if you wish to get those upgrades in a single playthrough.
Fortunately, there is an easy and reliable way to farm Fulminated Mercury, though you will have to wait till later in your playthrough, specifically till after Sekiro’s return from the Fountain Head Palace and the Divine Realm, so you won’t be able to employ this exact strategy if you plan to go for the Shura ending.
Here’s how it works.
1. After you return from the Fountain Head Palace and the Divine Realm, make your way to Demon’s Bell and ring it to receive the Bell Demon debuff, which increases item drop rate.
2. Equip the Golden Vortex Shinobi Tool if you have it and add the Mibu Possession Balloon to your Quick Items bar. The Golden Vortex lets you farm items from enemies in bulk without having to kill them while the Mibu Possession Balloon further increases item drop rate.
3. Travel to the Ashina Castle Sculptor’s Idol and Rest.
4. Pop a Mibu Possession Balloon.
4. Run through the gate right beside the idol. At the foot of the stairs, activate the Golden Vortex, then run right into the middle of the group of enemies clad in red and release the it twice (using the Golden Vortex again while it is activated will release it).
5. Run right back down the stairs to the Idol and Rest again.
6. Repeat till you have enough Fulminated Mercury. You can Rest and farm multiple times on a single Mibu Posession Balloon.
Note that you can farm using the same location even without the Golden Vortex. It will simply take longer as you’ll have to take each individual enemy out. The best way to do that would be to sneak up on the group and taking down up to four enemies in a matter of seconds by chaining together stealth Deathblows with the Bloodsmoke Ninjutsu.