How To Jailbreak iOS 11.4, iOS 11.3.1 – 11.2 With Electra 1131 [64-Bit iPhone, iPad]
It’s been a long time coming, but the wait is finally over – a working, public jailbreak solution for iOS 11.2 all the way through to iOS 11.3.1 and iOS 11.4 is now available. Based on exploits by Google’s Ian Beer and packaged by developer CoolStar, the new tool, called Electra 1131, offers a semi-untethered jailbreak, which means users will be required to repeat part of the jailbreak process after every reboot. That part, no matter how convenient, still takes time to complete while also depriving users of the seamless experience afforded by a fully untethered solution.
It is, however, the only solution at hand at the moment, and for those who like to keep their iOS devices free of Apple’s shackles, now is as good a time as any to hop aboard the jailbreak bandwagon. So, how exactly would you go about doing that? In what follows, we walk you through the requirements and procedure to jailbreak iOS 11.3.1 – 11.2, step by step.
Electra 1131 Jailbreak Supported Devices, Firmware
This jailbreak tool supports all 64-bit iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch devices, including the iPhone X. As for firmware, all versions ranging from iOS 11.2 to iOS 11.3.1 are supported. Update: iOS 11.4 betas are now also supported, and as the firmware is still being signed by Apple, you can restore to them to jailbreak!
- A Windows PC or Mac
- Latest version of Cydia Impactor from cydiaimpactor.com
- Latest version of iTunes from apple.com
- A free or paid Apple Developer account
- Latest version of the Electra 1131 jailbreak tool from coolstar.org/electra
- The Dev Account download is for paid Apple Developer accounts
- The None-Dev Account version is for free Apple Developer accounts
How to Jailbreak iOS 11.4, iOS 11.3.1 – 11.2 Using Electra 1131
Caution: Before we begin, perform a full backup of your iOS device over iCloud or via iTunes. Jailbreak tools are prone to errors, especially during their infancy. A complete backup ensures you won’t lose any of your data even in a worst-case scenario.
Note: As mentioned earlier, Electra 1131 offers a semi-untethered jailbreak, which means you will have to launch the Electra app and repeat the jailbreak process after every reboot.
- On your iOS device, enable Airplane mode, disable Siri, and reboot once as a precaution.
- Connect your device to your PC or Mac.
- On your computer, run Cydia Impactor and ensure that your device has been detected.
- Drag and drop the downloaded Electra 1131 IPA file onto the Cydia Impactor window and enter the credentials for your free or paid Apple Developer ID when prompted. The tool will take some time to sideload the jailbreak app to your device.New to Cydia Impactor? Learn more about how to use the tool here: How To Install App IPA Files On iOS Using Cydia Impactor.
- Once Cydia Impactor is done sideloading, on your iOS device, open up the Settings app, navigate to General > Profiles & Device Management, and select the certificate associated with the Electra app.
- On the screen that follows, tap the Trust option and hit Trust again when the confirmation dialog pops up.
- Return to the Home screen and launch the Electra app.
- In the app, after making sure that the Tweaks option is enabled, hit the Jailbreak button in the middle.
- Wait for the process to complete and your device to reboot. On iOS 11.3 and above, the device will reboot twice during the process, and you will be required to launch the app and hit jailbreak once again after the first reboot.
Once the process is complete, you should be able to see Cydia on your Home screen.
Congratulations! Your device is now jailbroken. Looking to install some Cydia tweaks? You might want to go through the following: Cydia Tweaks Compatible With iOS 11.4, iOS 11.3.1 Electra Jailbreak.