How To Install Cydia Tweaks Without Jailbreak Using Cyrus Installer
While there might be many who’d be interesting in heavily tweaking and customizing the software that runs on their smartphones, most are discouraged by the number of hoops one is usually required to jump through to make that happen. Take iOS, for example – while jailbreaking Apple’s mobile operating system is nowhere near as difficult as it was a few years ago, it still isn’t something a novice or casual user would consider, even if they were aware of the possibility to begin with.
If you too have always wanted to jailbreak your iPhone or iPad for access to the countless system tweaks and apps on offer at the Cydia store, but never got around to it, say, out of fear for your devices’ safety, you’ll be happy to know that there is a way to reap the benefits of what Cydia has to offer without actually having to jailbreak. It’s called Cyrus Installer, and in what follows, we’re going to walk you through how to get it on your device.
Here’s what you need to do.
1. On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, launch Safari, head on over to cyrusinstaller.com and click the Install Cyrus button.
2. Click on Install Cyrus again and when prompted to allow the browser to open Settings, hit Allow.
3. This will take you to an Install Profile page within the Settings app. Simply tap the Install option followed by Next, Install again, and then finally, hit Done.
4. Return to the Home screen to find the Cyrus Installer icon.
5. Now all you have to do is launch Cyrus Installer and choose whatever apps you want to install as shown below.
You may have to install additional profiles for certain installations, while to be able to launch some apps after installation, you will need to Trust their certificates from Settings > General > Profiles & Device Management.
Note that as of this writing, Cyrus Installer’s list of supported Cydia offerings only includes a select few apps and no system tweaks or themes, though the developers are working to change that.