How To Play Bloodborne On Your Windows PC
Exclusives serve as the bait with which console manufacturers reel in new customers and keep them tethered to their platform. While there’s nothing unethical about this business practice, it certainly doesn’t do any favors to the gaming community. Take Bloodborne, for example – the From Software game was published by Sony as an exclusive for the PlayStation 4, which deprived many a fan of the developer’s critically acclaimed, multi-platform Demon’s Souls and Dark Souls series from playing their newest RPG. The exclusive was released in 2015 and has yet to make its way to any other platform, at least as a full-fledged port.
The game was recently added to PlayStation Now, Sony’s game streaming service for PlayStation and PC, so while it may never shed its exclusivity with the console, there is now a way to enjoy the game without having to shell out for a PS4. Fans as addicted to From Software’s brand of tough but fair games as they are attached to their Windows PCs can now enjoy Bloodborne with nothing but a subscription. Past the break, we guide you through how to sign up for said subscription and get started playing Bloodborne on your PC.
- Windows PC with the following specifications or better:
- Windows 7 (SP 1), 8.1 or 10
- Core i3 2.0 GHz
- 300 MB storage
- 2 GB RAM
- DualShock (4 or 3) gamepad or any XInput controller (such as the Xbox One or Xbox 360 controller)
- PSN (PlayStation Network) account with account holder’s age set to 18 or above
- Stable Internet connection of at least 5Mbps bandwidth
- Accepted credit/debit card or PayPal account
- PS Now is currently only available in the following regions:
- North America
- The Netherlands
How to Play Bloodborne on PC
1. Head on over to PlayStation Store, log into your PSN account, and sign up for a free 7-day trial of PS Now.
Note: you will be asked to specify a payment method to complete the subscription, though you will only be charged when the trial period expires. You may cancel your subscription before that happens or stick with the service for $19.99 a month.
2. Download the PlayStation Now app for Windows from the link below and install it.
3. Launch the application and log into your PSN account.
4. Choose Bloodborne from the list of available games and play away!
If you strive to complete the game during the trial week, you will have essentially played through the entirety of Bloodborne for free (not considering the cost of your internet connection, of course). It won’t be the same as playing the game natively on your very own PlayStation 4, but if you’re yet to play the game and are unlikely to get the console, there is no better deal.
Go ahead. Give it a go!