Dota 2 The International 2018: Total Prize Pool & First Place (Grand) Prize
The International 2018 Dota 2 tournament – the closest thing to a world cup for the iconic MOBA game – is now underway. Group stage matches have begun, but we are still quite a ways away from the main event and the final, where the winner will be decided. Till said time, Valve will keep accruing revenue from its TI18 Battle Pass sales to be added to the tournament’s prize pool. The total bounty to be had is already higher than ever before, and it continues to rise as this is being written.
In what follows, we are going to be tracking the current overall prize money as well as the grand prize and distribution of the remaining pool among the runners up.
Update: The International 2018 has come to a close with team OG taking the Aegis and over $11 million! The final prize pool and pool distribution is as follows.
The International 2018 Prize Pool
The current total prize pool stands at $25,532,177.
As mentioned, this figure is subject to change till the finals. We will continue to update it as the sum makes significant hikes.
Grand Prize: How Much Will the Winners Be Taking Home?
The prize pool distribution sets aside 44% of the total sum for the first place. As it stands, the winners will be taking home a whopping $11,234,158.
Prize Pool Distribution: First, Second, Third, Down to 18th Place
- First Place (Winners): $11,234,158 (44%)
- Second Place (Runners-up): $4,085,148 (16%)
- Third Place: $2,680,879 (10.5%)
- Fourth Place: $1,787,252 (7%)
- Fifth, Sixth Place: $1,148,948 (4.5%)
- Seventh, Eighth Place: $612,618 (2.5%)
- 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th Place: $382,983 (1.5%)
- 13th, 14th, 15th, 16th Place: $127,661 (0.5%)
- 17th, 18th Place: $63,830 (0.25%)