How To Reset Resident Evil 2 1-Shot Demo’s 30-Minute Timer
While skirting restrictions on consoles is relatively rare, it was only a matter of time before someone took the “1-Shot” out of Capcom’s Resident Evil 2 demo for PC and figured out how to bypass the its 30-minute time limit. You could always try the demo out all over again on a separate Steam account and installation, but why go through all that trouble when you can easily refresh the timer on your current one?
YouTube user CursedToast details a way to do just that in the video embedded below. There are a few steps involved, so for the sake of clarity, we’re going to go through them here in textual form as well.
Here’s what you need to do:
1. Launch Steam and select Games > View Game Library from the top menu.
2. Right-click on Resident Evil 2 1-Shot Demo and select Properties, then within the Updates tab, uncheck the “Enable Steam Cloud” option at the bottom.
3. Open up an Explorer Window and navigate to your Steam installation directory.
4. Follow the path Steam > userdata > [Unique Numerical ID] > 961440 > remote and delete the save folder (win64_save) inside.
5. Download SteamAchievementManager.
6. Unzip the downloaded archive and run the Same.Game.exe executable inside.
7. The tool should automatically display any games inside your Steam library, including Resident Evil 2 1-Shot Demo. Double-click on the demo.
8. Uncheck all the achievements displayed in the window that follows and hit Commit Changes.
That’s all there is to it! The next time you launch the demo, you should see your timer reset. You can do this however many times as you want, though you should know that while this seems quite harmless, there is a risk associated with altering Steam files.